Thank you for your interest in attending one of the U.S. Service Academies. As your Congressional Representative, I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of people to four of the five service academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending a U.S. Service Academy and serving our country.
Service Academy Application
**Application acceptance begins: April 15, 2014
**Application deadline: October 15, 2014
**Dates for candidate interviews will be scheduled following the October application deadline.
Each applicant for a nomination must meet the following eligibility requirements as of July 1st of the year of admission to an academy:
- Age: Must be at least 17 years old, but not have passed the 23rd birthday (25th birthday for Merchant Marine Academy)
- Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
- Marital Status: Must be unmarried and have no dependents
- Residency: Must be a legal resident of South Carolina’s 4th District
To apply for a nomination through my office, you must complete the following steps. Only complete applications can be considered.
- A completed application for nomination.
- Three letters of recommendation, one from a high school administrator or teacher
- All school transcripts (including college transcripts if applicable)
- All college board scores (send directly to my office, SAT code 4526, ACT code 7664)
- An essay (no longer than one typed page) on why you desire to attend a U.S. Service Academy.
- A resume of social or athletic activities and notable accomplishments.
Please mail to:
Congressman Trey Gowdy
104 South Main Street
Greenville, SC 29601
If you have any questions please email Belle Mercado at email@example.com